A valued member of the staff, the Office Manager ensures that the company’s everyday activities run smoothly. Duties include but are not limited to administrative services such as answering phone calls, greeting guests, coordination of meetings, travel arrangements, and records management; office management such as supervision of office staff and purchasing of supplies and equipment; and financial management such as credit card usage and processing income, bills, and invoices in coordination with the bookkeeper. The Office Manager is the face of the company and is expected to treat all individuals in a kind and respectful manner. They assist in creating a positive office atmosphere.
- Assist CEO and Board Chair with coordination Board of Director Meetings and events
- Oversee Annual Meeting logistics in coordination with CEO
- Schedule Zoom Board Meetings, make travel arrangements for board of directors, prepare & submit Per diem check request, prepare and distribute board packets, set up the board room for the quarterly & special meetings to ensure the equipment is properly set up for the meetings
- Take Meeting Minutes at all board meetings
- Keep records of all Board Resolutions
- Generate company memos and letters at the direction of the CEO
- Determine what issues, calls, mail, or other communications need to be brought to the attention of the CEO and/or Board Chair
- Perform Human Resources duties including preparation of interview packets, scheduling interviews, maintain employee files, submit employee timesheets, ensure completion of new-hire paperwork
- Ensure new employees & board members have the computer hardware and software necessary to perform their duties,
- Ensure confidentiality of all corporate information
Office Management Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise office and custodial staff including providing clear and open communication and direction, scheduling, timesheets, and disciplinary actions
- Change answering machines, office signage and out of the office email notices are set up when the office will be closed during normal working hours, or an employee is out on leave
- Address in-person and telephonic shareholder requests, and redirect to Shareholder Relations staff and CEO as appropriate
- Coordinate with I.T. contractors to maintain office phones, computers, and security system
- Log & distribute mail and packages, prepare mass mail outs, and deliver the USPS.
- Manage the maintenance repair requests working with Kootznoowoo Maintenance & Property Managers.
- Inventory and replenish necessary office supplies and cleaning supplies
- Manage all accounts for Kootznoowoo, KPlaza, & Chatham Properties and the filing systems
- Maintain inventory of building maintenance purchases, cleaning supplies, corporate office keys, and office supplies and services.
Procurement and Financial Responsibilities:
- Provide grant management support for all Kootznoowoo grants, including developing a spreadsheet for reporting and draw down due dates, and other grant management functions.
- Assist Bookkeeper with management of credit card accounts and statements
- Assist Bookkeeper with recording and processing all invoices for payments, including printing, scanning, filing, mailing and data entry as needed
- Prepare check requests and purchase orders
- Collect K-Plaza rent payments, prepare bank slips for deposit, send all verification copies the bookkeeper
- Make bank deposits in a timely fashion
- Obtain the State of Alaska Notary Certification
NECESSARY SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of administrative and operational functions in development organizations, including financial, procurement, human resources, business operations policies and practices and administrative management.
- Ability to work directly with the public, providing information and assistance on a regular basis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively in a dynamic organizational environment
- Able to work well under pressure while being detail oriented and prioritizing daily job duties
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (education and experience)
- Two (2) year degree in Business, Communications, Organizational Management, or equivalent, AND
- Three (3) or more years of experience in office management
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum qualifications may be substituted.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Windows platform
PREFFERRED QUALIFICATOINS (education, experience, skills)
- Four (4) year degree in Business, Communications, Organizational Management, or equivalent, AND
- Five (5) or more years of experience in areas involving government contracting and/or office management.
- Knowledge, experience, in personnel, finance, human resources, accounting.
The work is performed at our corporate office located in the K-Plaza Building with moderate walk-in traffic. Incoming phone call volume fluctuates from minimal to heavy. The building is a non-smoking facility with designated outside-smoking areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to sit, talk, hear, use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Occasional walking, bending, and lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds are required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.