WE’D LOVE FOR YOU
TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
WE’D LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
Maintains a positive and inviting office atmosphere for all visitors, board and staff. Assists office manager in shareholder-related services and record keeping. Provides grant management support. Assists with oral and written communications including phones, mail, and email. Takes direction from Office Manager.
- Greets visitors, answers telephone calls, and directs inquiries as appropriate
- Maintains corporate files and records
- Assists in all shareholder-related services and record keeping at the direction of the Office Manager
- Keeps Shareholder Management and Email List Management databases up-to date.
- Provides grant management support for all Kootznoowoo grants, including developing a spreadsheet for reporting and draw down due dates, and other grant management functions
- Prepares check requests and purchase orders
- Makes bank deposits in a timely fashion
- Schedules Zoom Board Meetings for board and staff
- Manages all vendor files for Kootznoowoo, KPlaza, and Angoon building in coordination with Bookkeeper
- Ensures confidentiality of all corporate information
- Maintains inventory of office supplies
- Makes travel arrangements for board of directors; prepares & submits Per diem check requests; prepares and distributes board packets; sets up the board room for the quarterly & special meetings
- Monitors the “email@example.com email inbox and distributes emails to staff and CEO as appropriate
- Maintains logs for all incoming calls, mail, and visitors
- Processes all incoming mail, and assists with mass mail outs
- Provides assistance to shareholders as requested
- Provides general support to office manager as needed.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 2 Years Customer Service with accurate data entry and excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Active Listening
- Proficiency with computer programs such as Word and Excel
- Basic knowledge using office equipment, telephone system, and how to administer Zoom Meetings.
The work is performed at Kootznoowoo, Inc’s corporate office located in the K-Plaza Building in Juneau, AK. with moderate walk-in traffic. Incoming phone call volume fluctuates from minimal to heavy. The building is a non-smoking facility with designated outside-smoking areas.
This position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies may also be delivered to the Corporate Office at 8585 Old Dairy Road, Suite 104, Juneau, Alaska 99801.
For questions or to learn more, contact the Corporate Office at (907) 790-2992.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) provides leadership for all aspects of the company’s operations with an emphasis on long-term goals, growth, profit, and return on investment for our shareholders. The CEO will have the lead role in overseeing the implementation of the corporation’s Strategic Plan, business development, facility management, daily operations, and project oversight, and facilitate business growth, while taking pride in their work for Shareholders and protection of our Native lands.
Essential Job Functions
- Works with the board of directors to implement the Goals and Strategies outlined in the corporation’s Strategic Plan.
- Works with the board of directors and key staff to establish short-term objectives and long-range goals, and related plans and policies.
- Works with the board to develop and implement strategies that ensure the long-term viability and growth of the corporation and its assets.
- Ensures that decisions are made, that are in the best interest of the shareholders.
- Presents regular reports on the status of the company’s operations to the board of directors and to company staff.
- Makes recommendations to the board of directors regarding the development and acquisition of business opportunities, 8a opportunities, partnerships, and teaming opportunities.
- Oversees the organization’s financial structure, ensuring adequate and sound funding for the mission and goals of the company.
- Ensures that the Corporation’s land resources remain healthy and protected.
- Ensures that all buildings that the Corporation owns are well taken care of, and profitable.
- Develops programs and business opportunities that provide economic opportunities for shareholders.
- Works with community partners to support the economic and cultural health of Angoon.
- Reviews the financial results of all operations, comparing them with the company’s objectives and takes appropriate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance and results.
- Coordinates with, and supports the Kootznoowoo Cultural and Educational Foundation.
- Works with the Angoon Community Association, U.S. Forest Service and other partners manage the traditional lands around Angoon.
- Ensures the company’s compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Directly supervises office and other staff.
- Serves as the company’s representative to the board of directors, shareholders, employees, customers, the government, and the public.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements, and enforces policies and procedures of the organization.
- Develops an annual budget, as well as a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism, which includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Continually evaluates the organizational structure for continuous improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) on shareholder development and hire.
- Performs other related duties to benefit the mission of the organization.
Skills & Knowledge
- Must have the ability to successfully manage a culturally diverse corporate office through collaboration and teamwork.
- Must possess the highest integrity and a strong sense of personal accountability for business performance and for accomplishing the corporation’s strategic direction.
- An experienced leader and financial executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably working with ANCSA corporations.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- An excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts.
- A decisive individual who possesses a “big picture” perspective and is well versed in systems.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with employees, the board, and other partners.
- Knowledge of managerial and leadership techniques and principles
- Knowledge of budgeting methods and systems, business case development, strategic business planning, reengineering, organizational change strategies, performance measurement and project management
- Any combination of education and experience that will likely provide the required knowledge and ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the President/CEO will be considered with the preferred minimum qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience in senior management
- Five (5) years of Business Development experience
- Ability to successfully obtain required clearances;
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results.
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working with and/or for an Alaska Native Corporation
- Demonstrable experience in 8(a) government contracting
- Experience overseeing corporate treasury and trust investments.
- Experience in Facility Management
This position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
To apply, email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Hard copies may also be delivered to the Corporate Office at 8585 Old Dairy Road, Suite 104, Juneau, Alaska 99801.
For questions or to learn more, contact Jonathan Wunrow at (907) 617-9956 or firstname.lastname@example.org.